Ok so let’s talk about this weeks Top 08 performances. Here’s the thing with this category… “Back to the Start” where contestants sing a song they auditioned to. Here’s the thing with the theme though – odds are, WE ALREADY HEARD THEM SING THIS SONG! Is that not frustrating to anyone else but me? I’ll blindly assume that they can at least pick any song throughout the course of their auditioning process and not the song they actually auditioned for on TV in their respective cities. In case you were wondering what we’ve heard them sing (at least, from Hollywood week and before), let’s reminisce…
To be perfectly honest, based on this list, I’d actually be happy to hear the songs they auditioned with because I think I liked those performances the most (that’s definitely the case for CJ, Jessica and Sam), but if I really had my wish, everyone that auditioned with an original song (at some point), I hope they perform those again because for the most part, they were truly my favorite performances. ESPECIALLY the case for Jessica and Jena (although Jessica’s was also her first performance so that makes sense).
Some notes regarding audition songs:
1. Sam, Malaya, Jessica and CJ (and Majesty, if only we could go back a week) were in my Top 5 from their respective Audition rounds
2. I find it humorous that everyone besides Malaya, I didn’t mention in my Top 5 of their auditions, and yet, they’re pretty much my top contenders now (except for you Dexter! Definitely not you!). Basically I mean Jena and Caleb. And Malaya. You know you’re my homegirl.
3. Jessica and CJ both had to sing for their lives at the end of Hollywood week and I noted in my blog how much I liked both of their performances more than their competitors.
4. Caleb and CJ were in the same group for Hollywood Group Night where they sang Too Close (which Jena also sang, in a different group). They were also the only 2 kept from their group in that performance, so I guess the judges were right about that decision.
5. Based on this list, it seems Dexter will be most likely to sing something we haven’t heard (and yet something tells me we’ll feel like we have heard it). It is nice to see though, that we saw all of these performers audition in the opening rounds which I feel, is something we’d never be able to say regarding previous iterations of Idol. So that’s quite lovely.
I’ll leave the post at this but I’ll update once the show is over with my reaction on the performances 🙂